While some fire causes might seem obvious, this should not make anyone uncaring. It’s always important to be mindful and proactive in avoiding them. Ensuring your smoke alarm is kept and tested every month is one method to keep the fire damage minimum.

However, knowing what sets off or turns on these alarms can help you concentrate on what you must watch out for and help guarantee the security of your family. Now, let’s know the leading root causes of home fires.

Top Five Fire Hazards in Homes

Most home fires might be unforeseen, but they could still be avoided with appropriate steps. Below are five common fire risks we have gathered and some preventive measures you can take.

1. Cooking fires

An unattended stove can catch fire if a towel or drape is left hanging too close. According to the statistical reports, 23% of home fires are triggered by cooking fires, and 9% are deaths. Without someone nearby to extinguish the fire, the grease in the frying pan can kindle a cabinet’s contents or any other surrounding ignitable objects.

While we may suppose molds are just connected with water damage, they can still appear after a fire situation. Fires in homes quenched by water can create excess moisture that can lead to mold growth. When you see signs of mold growth after a fire scenario, have mold remediation experts come by instantly to safely remove it. You may browse the web for more information on how professionals handle mold elimination.

2. Space heaters

As energy prices continue to climb, homeowners turn to supplemental heating. While space heaters can keep your house cozy and warm, they also come with undetected threats. More individuals depend on supplemental heating sources during fall and winter to stay warm and keep the coldness away.

However, space heaters can cause fire through nearby items. When using one, keep it one meter far from drapes, beddings, stuffed toys,  furniture, and clothes as they can potentially catch fire. Otherwise, you may have to call a property restoration company to repair and clean your home after a fire breaks out.

3. House appliances

Worn-out sockets that are improperly grounded or defective electric outlets (Receptacles) are commonly the reason for many electrical fires. When switches and outlets get older, their wirings wear and lose quality. In time, this can result in torn and even potentially inflammable wires.

House fires caused by appliances are a common scenario. Hiring fire damage restoration service providers after a fire is important, especially if your home is damaged considerably. This guarantees no damage will occur after the disaster, preserving your home and protecting your family.

4. Candles

While they may look pretty and smell great, candles can rapidly set the room ablaze if left unattended. They should not be placed near something that could easily catch fire, such as books, newspapers, or tissue boxes. Always extinguish a burning candle before leaving a room to ensure no fire will break out later on.

5. Smoke detectors

Individuals die yearly because of faulty smoke alarms that don’t set off when a fire breaks out. This may have occurred because their batteries have gone out or been removed to prevent false alarms, or the detector is in a location where residents can’t hear the sound. Ensuring your smoke alarm is frequently maintained is important for it to work if an accidental fire breaks out.